Monday, June 7, 2010

Black Tie Affair
















I think I own enough cocktail dresses to give Paris Hilton a run for her money, which was no help me last weekend when I had my first black tie event to attend. I believe that black tie means floor length evening gown and by george I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to get gussied up. Luckily I had purchased a rather lovely maxi dress in H&M on my recent trip to the UK, "H&M???!!!" I hear you cry! Yes, indeed. It appears I am rather good at dolling up a simple dress and, with a few quick tricks, so can you be.


  • Make sure the cut and fabric of your dress is of a higher quality, we can't do much with cheap t-shirt tat.
  • Go for oversize jewelry to dazzle.
  • Gold accessories tend to spruce up an outfit more than silver.
  • Wear nice heels.
  • Your makeup and hair will add to the glam factor so don't skimp on the labor and products.




  • Dress : H&M
  • Jewelry & Bag : All Vintage
  • Fly Ring : Topshop

7 comments:

  1. This dress is stunning! So Old Hollywood glam. love it!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. superbe....j'adore ta robe (je la présente sur mon blog) elle te vas vraiment très très bien, et ta bague est magnifique.


    Traduction Google :
    beautiful .... I love your dress (I do this on my blog) she'll go very well, and your ring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so beautiful! that dress is amazing and these photos of you are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful ring! I agree with Dylan, also!

    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the dress, you look great

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. bohemian beauty x

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete