I think I own enough cocktail dresses to give Paris Hilton a run for her money, which was no help me last weekend when I had my first black tie event to attend. I believe that black tie means floor length evening gown and by george I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to get gussied up. Luckily I had purchased a rather lovely maxi dress in H&M on my recent trip to the UK, "H&M???!!!" I hear you cry! Yes, indeed. It appears I am rather good at dolling up a simple dress and, with a few quick tricks, so can you be.
- Make sure the cut and fabric of your dress is of a higher quality, we can't do much with cheap t-shirt tat.
- Go for oversize jewelry to dazzle.
- Gold accessories tend to spruce up an outfit more than silver.
- Wear nice heels.
- Your makeup and hair will add to the glam factor so don't skimp on the labor and products.
- Dress : H&M
- Jewelry & Bag : All Vintage
- Fly Ring : Topshop