Monday, February 21, 2011

Moroccan Chicken



The only time I use recipes is when I'm entertaining, there's no room for cock ups or experimentation when you're feeding 8 or so hungry friends. But I do always put my twist on a recipe or at least tweak it to suit my palate.


I had my parents and some friends over for a cosy Sunday lunch and decided on this recipe, opting for chicken instead of game hen. I spatchcocked the chicken and smothered it in the spice rub the night before to marinade. I also used quinoa instead of the traditional couscous for a bit more bite. Everyone was so hungry we all dug in before I managed to get a good photo, so you'll just have to believe me when I tell you how impressive it looked piled high in the pan.




I can't take credit for the deserts (mum is the pastry chef in the family).



Gotta love my cowhide place mats from Ikea.

6 comments:

  1. wow. im super jealous. i cannot cook for the life of me! and yes, your cowhide placemats are pretty rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh crap that really looks good:) yum! I wouldn't mind having some cake right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I DO love those placemats! brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete