Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Man Repelling






MAN·RE·PELL·ER1  [MAHN-REE-PELLER]

–noun
outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.
–verb (used without object),-pell·ing, -pell·ed.
to commit the act of repelling men:
Girl 1: What are you wearing tonight?
Girl 2: My sweet lime green drop crotch utility pants
Girl 1: Oh, so we're man repelling tonight?

Taken from the genius that is The Man Repeller blog.


So many of my fashion choices could be described as man repellers and, really, it doesn't bother me. I dress to please myself first and foremost but I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge the women in my life who I seek to impress, most of whom I don't even talk to. I don't know which is worse, dressing to appeal to the male gaze or dressing to dazzle that stylish girl in the coffee shop whose name you don't even know.
So I decided to jump on the sandals-with-socks bandwagon. Pretty sure most men would find this outfit tantamount to castration in the sexiness department but what the hell, it kept my feet warm and I got to bust out the Zara platforms again. For added unsexappeal I should mention that the jacket has Howard Moon-tastic elbow patches.

  • Jacket : Vintage
  • Blouse : H&M
  • Skirt : Forever21
  • Platforms : Zara

4 comments:

  1. Nice outfit- the shirt drapes really well. It also seems like the more "style" a girl has she lends herself more and more to pleasing and looking for dialogue from other women in the way she dresses than trying to attract men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man repelling. one of my favorite pasttimes!! a drop crotch will always do the trick! a jumper is usually pretty repelling too....gotta dress for the girls they are the only ones who actually appreciate it anyway! ps thanks for the comments!

    xx
    ashley
    http://pursenboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, very elegant and classy!<3

    ♥ kisses ♥

    http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loove how you paired the socks and heels! Perfect look.

    ReplyDelete