Thursday, June 18, 2009

The return of the wayward traveller





I bid adieu to the rainy skies of the east coast yesterday and headed back to the desert. I had an amazing week galavanting around DC, Virginia and Philly;
Steve was my host. We went strawberry picking and visited a little vineyard out in the countryside... it reminded me of my childhood days spent in Wales with it's rolling green hills and windy roads.


Friday night was debauched and hilarious. We went to my mate Mike Z's night, Sorted, in Philly. I danced my arse off. I highly recommend it if you live in the vicinity. I've been having some bad camera karma recently, even my point and shoot has died a death, everything is out of focus so bear with me. This photo booth joviality was recorded at the end of the night - hence the wet hair and jaded eyes :)



There were days spent on the porch and evenings eating with friends. Next there was shopping, mussels and beer in downtown Philadelphia. A night out with Mike and a visit to his new house.
Back to DC for some culture and a day spent contemplating contemporary art at the Hirshhorn Museum and the National Portrait Gallery.
Crabcakes in Maryland and a mad dash to the airport rounded out the week.



  • Dress, skirt and T : H&M
  • Sandals : Target
  • Bag : vintage

6 comments:

  1. I love photobooth photos (and strawberries)!!

    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh i wish i could get away from the rainy east coast! looks like youre having fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, strawberry picking would be an amazing thing to do. I've also never had a photobooth photo. Must add both to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveee strawberry picking!
    and that last photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you made it to the airport. I felt so bad, but we had to press on.

    ReplyDelete